Thursday 16 August 2012

The future...

So today I collected my AS Level results; I got 3 C's in English Combined, Psychology and History and then an E in Law. I am very pleased about my C's to say that I have found the jump from GCSE to A Level so difficult. I've really struggled with what is expected of me in terms of grades. I think I've been stuck in this mind frame that because I got an A*, A's and B's at school, that I can easily get them at AS Level, when the grade equivalents are totally different. I have also struggled with the workload and the endless homework and revision. I must admit, I have hated college.

Aaand we don't need to talk about 'the E'. Ha! I went to college excited to take Law and start my journey up to hopefully becoming a barrister. The course wasn't what I expected, I didn't find my tutor's teaching methods very good and from the first modular exam I knew that it wasn't what I wanted to do. So rather than wasting my time over stressing out for my Law exam, I concentrated more on my other 3 exams which were more important and I think that this is evident in my results.

I've decided to resit two of my exams, as I was a couple of marks out from the next grade boundary. But I feel that my results have set me in good stead for next year. Because I will have dropped a subject, I think I won't be as stressed out about the extensive workload and I can really focus and concentrate on the subjects that I enjoy and know that I can do even better in.

So until I go back to college in September, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Summer and then get my head down as soon as it starts again. I want to have the best results possible to get into uni, not only for what I know I'm capable of, but that I can say to everyone 'I did it. Yes, I struggled and found it tough, but I did it'. I reckon that next year will be easier as I know what is expected of me and the workload levels and I can imagine that I will cope better and not stress myself up too much.

I hope those who also received results are all pleased, and if not, to decide on your plan of action and for those who are expecting them next week, good luck!!

:)

Love, Juliette xo

4 comments:

  1. Congrats hun on your results :) Don't stress too much over the law mark, my boyfriend went through the same at college not getting good grades in law but he's now doing it at uni and getting really good high grades :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've tried to not let it bother me, as I felt I wanted to concentrate on my other AS levels and I'm glad I did :)
      xxxxx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your results, you should definitely be proud about what you have achieved. :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments and I will always try to reply to them a.s.a.p! Always visit back and see my reply x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...